This FREE tennis video tutorial covers basic tennis activities you can do with your son or daughter to get them familiar with the tennis racquet and even have a ralley!
What makes tennis fun?
Rallying makes tennis fun. So how do you rally? Rallying is any form of a ball going back and forth between. It can be a hitting rally, bumping rally or rolling rally depending on skill level. In this video we demonstrated how to have a “self rally” bumping the ball upwards by yourself and a two person rally, bumping the ball and taking turns bumping it up. Both of these activities do not require a net! In the end it is about control so that the rally can keep going. As long as you practice that you can practice tennis anywhere.
These video activities are perfect for beginners between 4 yrs and 10 yrs.
Drill 1: Bumping the ball upwards
- Add a challenge to make it fun!
- Level 2: Flipping the racquet face over and keeping the ball going (usually for advanced students and kids over 8yrs old)
Drill 2: Rally back and forth
- Take turns bumping the ball
- Use a target in between you and your child to have a target point and to keep the ball controlled
- Be prepared to run after the ball a lot!