BumbleBee Tennis offers fun and affordable adult tennis instructional classes, tennis fitness clinics and private lessons for the beginner, intermediate and advanced player in NYC. Our professional staff is friendly, energetic and eager to help you reach your tennis potential.
9 Awesome Reasons To Take Adult Tennis with Us…
- What is unique about learning tennis with BumbleBee Tennis, is that classes are taught based on our proprietary tennis skill progression system called Tennis Core Fundamentals.
- This unique skill progression is integrated into our preset weekly curriculum that varies each week. Yes we have a set curriculum we have created from years of teaching tennis that all classes follow.
- Small class size. Our small group instruction has a maximum of 4 students (average is 2-3 students in one class). Cardio is max of 6, with average of 4-5 students.
- And we know how busy you are. We are the only tennis school that offers multiple seasonal outdoor and indoor locations across Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn year around. Use your class package across many locations.
- Unlimited 48 hour class cancellation with no fee.
- Instant online 24 hour sign up.
- Classes 7 days a week so you can always get your tennis fix convenient to your schedule.
- Finally we truly have some outstanding customer service! Beside 24 hour online scheduling, our office is open 7 days a week to help you answer any additional questions you my have.
- Despite all these amazing benefits, we are still the most affordable tennis school in NYC, with amazing package discounts (classes starting as low as $24)!
Learn & Improve your tennis skills in a small group!
Our Adult Group tennis classes are a great way to improve your game and practice hitting with people of similar skill levels.
In group tennis classes you will:
Every class is dynamic, fun, and challenging. With our open enrollment scheduling you are welcome to join a class at anytime. Buy a package of class credits and use them towards any of the group classes below. Sign up now to start learning today!
Intro to Tennis Class
If you are new to the game of tennis, then this is the class for you. Our Intro to Tennis class will teach you the basics of how to play tennis. You will Learn different types of strokes, how to keep score, how to play both singles and doubles matches and the proper techniques used in different live play situations. This class will help you explore the world of tennis and prepare you for the next level.
Beginner Group Tennis Class (1.0-2.0)
In the Beginner class you will learn the main components of tennis through our proprietary Core Fundamentals of Tennis system. Each class always gives instruction on the ground strokes and volleys. In addition, there is a unique skill focus per lesson which may be the serve, footwork or tennis technique.
Cardio Tennis Class
This class is a tennis exercise activity for students at any playing level looking for a fun way to burn calories, increase indurance on the court and interact with others. Cardio Tennis is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport with cardiovascular exercise. Delivering the ultimate full body calorie burning aerobic workout.
Intermediate Tennis Class (2.0-3.0)
The Intermediate Class will go over and improve upon the tennis strokes while also working to improve consistency, placement of the ball, creating topspin, improving foot positioning, and solidifying good form. In addition, the class will go over game strategy and help each player reach their optimum tennis game. Each class will give instruction on the ground strokes & volleys and also have a unique skill focus per lesson.
Advanced Group Tennis (3.0-4.0)
The focus of the Advanced Class will be on hitting with increased consistency, power, directional control, and different types of spin. You will learn to better optimize your playing in both offense and defense by being more aware and knowing how to react in different situations. You’ll also work on different stroke and live play combinations such as the Serve and Volley. This class will maintain a higher level of momentum with faster-paced drills.
Learn at your pace and see your tennis skills improve quickly!
Private lessons are for tennis players who would like one-on-one instruction or have their own specific group of people they’d like to take lessons with.
In a private lesson you can:
Lesson Format :
Your instructor will create a lesson plan of games, drills, and coaching for your group’s level. You can also customize your lesson to your own game plan. Just let the instructor know what you are looking to improve on or how you would like to practice! Your private lesson can include any combination of the following :
- Movement exercises
- Match play
Outdoors April – November
- Any day between 9 am and 7 pm: weather, light, & tennis court availability permitting.
- 60-minute lessons are available.
- Available to both Adult and Youth students
Private Tennis lesson registrations can be made online at any time through your student account. Semi-Private or Private Group Tennis Lesson registrations can be made by calling or emailing us.
One-One Privates or Semi-Private Lesson Options
Private lessons can be created in the following formats:
- 1:1 Private
- 2:1:Semi-Private Duet
- 3:1:Semi-Private Trio
- 4:1 Private Group
Private lessons are a great way to learn all the basics of tennis before jumping into a group class. For a beginner tennis player we recommend at least 3-5 private lessons to build a good foundation of tennis. From there you could easily jump into our Cardio tennis class or other Group classes. For returning players, 2-4 private lessons should be enough to brush up on your skills. For advanced players, you can make your private lesson a hitting lesson where you smash it out across the court.
Semi-Private and Private Group lessons, with two to four students in the class, are a great option for players who want the benefits of learning in a private group setting at a lessor cost than one-on-one private lessons. Semi-private lessons are also great for two or three friends who would like to learn tennis together.
*Call or email us to set up Semi Private and Private Group Lessons.